[ Categories ]
The entry process for the North West Charity Awards is your opportunity to let the North West know how great your charity and team truly is.
The list below highlights all our 2017 categories and entry requirements. We ask you to be concise, keeping your answers short and to the point. You can either nominate other charities or nominate yourself for these prestigious award titles. Nominees can be entered into a maximum of 5 categories if applicable.
Charities and Non-Profit Organisations
North West Charity of the Year
- This prestigious award will go to the charity or voluntary sector organisation that has had a truly exceptional year and whose recent achievements have attracted the admiration of the sector.
Best Social and Digital Media
- Awarded to the charity or social enterprise that engaged and pushed the boundaries of traditional methods of reaching donors, supporters and beneficiaries.
Small Charity, Big Impact
- Awarded to a charity with an income of less than £400,000 a year that has made a significant impact. Meeting or exceeding its targets and community reach.
- Awarded to a fundraising event that used an inspiring, original and creative approach to securing donations.
- Awarded to a pioneering and creative fundraising campaign that exceeded its target. New use of engagement avenues.
Volunteer of the Year
- Awarded to a volunteer who consistently displayed a commitment to a charity or community group. Give their own time to serve a charity or community without receiving monetary reward for this service.
Celebrity Charity Ambassador of the Year
- Awarded to a celebrity from the North West who has supported, raised funds and awareness for a charity or cause.
Volunteer Manager of the Year
- Awarded to the volunteer manager, or equivalent, who has proactively engaged, mentored and helped volunteers develop, whilst rising the standard of volunteering.
Charity Director of the Year
- Awarded to a charity director who has made an outstanding contribution to his or her organisation, or the wider sector over the past year.
For Corporate Partnerships
Outstanding Charity Contribution
- (by a Corporate Foundation)
- Awarded to a company that's significantly contributed to charities through it's foundation. Includes grants, sponsorships, and community schemes.